Re: [ITPOLITIK] Kommissionsrapport!

Den 12/01/07 skrev Keld Jørn Simonsen <sslug@sslug>:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 12:02:46PM +0100, Erik Josefsson wrote:
> Et av mange fantastiske citater:
>
>    "While we do not know how much of this software that is a source of
>    new ideas is licensed under reciprocal terms, these data show that
>    open source software is succeeding in providing disclosure to a much
>    greater degree than patents."

Hmm, hvad betyder dette så? Er de glade for open source, eller hvad?

>    Final Report. Study on the Economic impact of open source software on
>    innovation and the competitiveness of the Information and
>    Communication Technologies (ICT) sector in the EU. Final Report. Nov.
>    20, 2006. R.A. Ghosh, UNU-MERIT, NL. et al., 287 pp. PDF file 1721 kB
>
>    http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/ict/studies/publications.htm

<--- klip --->

Jeg ser krøllen i dit øje, men det det kan man vel ikke se noget om
(eller svarer på) ud fra det citerede alene. Fra
http://webster.com/dictionary/succeeding fås dog:

succeed
One entry found for succeed.
intransitive verb
1 a : to come next after another in office or position or in
possession of an estate; especially : to inherit sovereignty, rank, or
title b : to follow after another in order
2 a : to turn out well b : to attain a desired object or end <students
who succeed in college>
3 obsolete : to pass to a person by inheritance
transitive verb
1 : to follow in sequence and especially immediately
2 : to come after as heir or successor
synonym see FOLLOW
- suc·ceed·er noun

Jeg anser 2 b som betydningen i dette tilfælde, og

disclose
One entry found for disclose.
Function: transitive verb
1 obsolete : to open up
2 a : to expose to view b archaic : HATCH c : to make known or public
<demands that politicians disclose the sources of their income>
synonym see REVEAL
- dis·clos·er noun

"...these data show that open source software is succeeding in
providing disclosure to a much greater degree than patents." kunne
derfor med rimelighed oversættes til "......disse data viser at (med
brugen af) open source software (eller åben kildekode) lykkes det i
langt højere grad at tilvejebringe den ønskede offentlige indsigt end
(det kan gøres) med patenter."? Når man (nogle) gør sig den umage, at
fremhæve noget (som bedre) frem for noget andet, er det vel ikke helt
urimeligt at antage at de mener at ".. de (er) glade for open source"?

-- /Jan

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2007-02-01, 02:01 CET [an error occurred while processing this directive]