Re: [ITPOLITIK] Forbudt at sælge pc'er uden styresystem i Kina

Toppost: jeg glemte at jeg ville have gravet lidt i Kina-Linux,
så det kommer lidt forsinket her. Den nederste er efter min
mening den mest interessante, uddrag her:

... largest banks and virtually all government offices are
expected to migrate to Linux, [...]

Men konkrete statistikker er der altså ikke meget af. Det
fremgår, at det er Microsoft BSA-kampagnen, som har ansporet
denne Linux interesse. [Mærkelig, egentlig.]

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:41:36 +0200
> Anders wrote:
>
> > JP skriver om Kina idag: "Fremover er det forbudt at sælge pc'er
> > uden præinstalleret styresystem."
> >
> > Det bliver spændende at se hvilken betydning det får Linux på
> > det store kinesiske marked

2003:

Announcements of major Linux initiatives have become a daily
occurrence in Asia this year.

http://www.palmsource.com/about/cms_linuxletter.html

How we'll do it. We are acquiring China MobileSoft, a leading
Chinese mobile phone software company. CMS has been developing a
version of Linux with optimizations designed for smart mobile
devices, especially around battery management and fast boot time.
We will be using that technology as the foundation of Palm OS.

2004

http://www.benking.co.uk/art/Linux_challenger_is_open_source_of_debate.php

Asia will be the most fertile ground. "Linux is the politically
correct choice in China, where the government has indicated their
support for it," says Ben Wood, principal analyst at research
group Gartner.

April 06, 2006

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/04/06/77208_HNpiracymschina_1.html

Microsoft  will continue its efforts to stop software piracy by
announcing an agreement with two Chinese computer makers

2006 (Januar)

http://www.infotech.com/MR/Issues/20060221/Articles/Crouching%20Linux,%20Hidden%20Microsoft,-c-,%20China's%20Piracy%20Struggle.aspx

[...klip ...]
A Linux Solution for China

Since the legitimacy of software in China is suspect, many
companies are advocating Linux as a more favorable alternative for
maintaining software compliance. This option has become more
viable recently. On January 13, 2006, the Chinese government and
the Free Standards Group launched an initiative to get all Chinese
Linux distributions to comply with the Linux Standards Base. This
is a critical step as it will assure that all Chinese Linux
applications run on the various versions of Linux.

Already, the uptake of Linux has been dramatic. Several of China's
largest banks and virtually all government offices are expected to
migrate to Linux, or have migrated already. In addition to
established vendors such as Red Hat and Novell, numerous local
vendors are also emerging, including Red Flag, Japan-based
Turbolinux, and China Standard Software. A key challenge for
vendors will be convincing customers to pay for Linux services - a
difficult proposition in China, where companies largely view Linux
as a "free" solution.

--
donald_j_axel donax snabela get2net.dk -- http://d-axel.dk/

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2006-05-01, 02:01 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]